A mountainside retreat that’s won renown for its natural splendor, a picturesque cascade at the heart of the property and its embrace of local traditions, is rolling out a new two-night stay package that takes in highlights both in and out of the property.
Avana Retreat’s new ‘Avana Immersion’ package was designed to take the fuss out of pre-trip planning and celebrate Mai Chau’s stunning natural landscapes and the rich culture of local ethnic groups. From local craft workshops and nature treks to exploration in a classic open-top military-style jeep, Avana has positioned itself at the helm of an unforgettable guest experience.
The package includes:
● Round-trip limousine shuttle bus transfer (a private car is available at additional cost)
● Two nights in Bauhinia Mountain Suite, with interiors inspired by local design
● Full breakfast daily, two 3-course lunches, and two 4-course dinners at Green Chili
● Afternoon snack at Cloud Pool, a tiered pool with a shape that mimics tiered rice fields
● A three-hour guided nature trek
● A jeep tour of the local villages
● A 60-minute body massage at Orchid Spa set by a jungle cascade
● A craft and cultural workshop led by a local artisan
● A tour of the on-site museum, housed in a 50-year-old Thai style stilt house
● Daily yoga classes in the H’mong Cottage, overlooking rolling hills.
At the Green Chili restaurant, perched beside a koi pond at the base of the rice fields, the culinary team infuses its dishes with local herbs, spices and vegetables, many of which come from their own organic garden. Guests can further customize their dining plan, choosing to upgrade the four-course dining experience to Private Dining at the Waterfall or Private Dining at the Hidden Spring Lagoon.
Avana Immersion is available for bookings year-round. Depending on the time of week, visitors can take part in several complimentary activities most evenings, including movies under the stars at the outdoor cinema (Sunday to Friday), a traditional Thai dance performance ( Saturday), and sweet potato and corn roasting by the fire at the Stilt House Museum (Friday).
The Stilt House, thought of as the soul of Avana, was transformed into a museum so visitors could learn about the lives, culture and traditions of the local Thai, Muong, and Hmong ethnic groups, through exploration of the displays and listening to the stories behind them, as well as with hands-on activities with local artisans who still ply traditional trades, such as rattan weaving.
Another highlight of the offering is the spa. Designed to give guests a sense of peace and immersion in the natural world, the Orchid Spa weaves its way around the beginnings of the retreat’s landmark cascade, which acts as the soundtrack for spa therapies. Package guests can choose from a Deep Tissue Release, Vietnamese Energy Healing or Thai Stress Relieving massage as part of their stay.
The 36-villa retreat is spread over 15 hectares of land that includes picturesque terraced fields and verdant mountainside, much of which was planted by the Avana team.
For more information visit: https://page.avanaretreat.com/full-board-packages-promotion