Kuala Lumpur is once again becoming known for its amazing nightlife, with a vast variety of bars and some of the best nightclubs. A multicultural city filled with friendly locals, cosy shops, and a vibrant nightlife scene, Kuala Lumpur has a lot to offer to its visitors.
If you’re looking for the best places in Kuala Lumpur for craft cocktails and good food, then look no further! From tiny local spots to luxurious, high-end places and chilled out lounges, here are some of the best places to check out for a great night out in Kuala Lumpur.
1. The Iron Fairies KL: This bar has a unique décor theme which takes its cues from a fantasy where ore miners stumble upon little-winged spirits and walls lined with vials of fairy dust. There are happy hour deals Tuesday to Sunday, 5 pm to 10 pm and every Wednesday and Thursday is ladies night, with live bands Wednesday through to Saturdays from 10 pm.
2. PS150: Located in Chinatown, PS150 is divided into three different sections. You can chill out in the vintage-styled “Opium Den”, sip on some delicious cocktails in the open-air courtyard area known as the “Tiki or Post-war space” or you can join in on the action in the main bar area.
3. Frank’s Bar KL: This bar offers a New York styled speakeasy with décor inspired by the golden Hollywood era, jazz style music and a bespoke cocktail menu. There are monthly guest collaborations with some of KL’s best bars and amazing views of Four Seasons Place and the Petronas Twin Tower to match.
4. Mr Chew’s Chino Latino: A warm and inviting eatery, complete with impeccable design work, Mr Chew’s Chino Latino is a great place for some afternoon cocktails and delicious food.
5. Shelley Yu’s: Specialising in traditional Nonya food and artisanal cocktails, Shelley Yu’s is perfect for a family lunch, casual dinner with friends or to dance the night away to DJs on the weekend.
6. Havana Bar And Grill: Set in an elegant 1950s mansion, you can expect some fun when exploring the Kuala Lumpur nightlife at this Latin American inspired restaurant and nightclub. Dance the night away to some samba and bachata tunes and even a few disco hits that are sure to be thrown into the mix and enjoy some delicious food.
7. The Roof: Found on the sky level of First Avenue, The Roof has been divided into seven well-defined venues, with something for everyone.
8. Mantra Bar: Strategically located to give you some of the best views of the city skyline, Mantra bar offers some of the best cocktails that the city has to offer.
9. Pisco KL: Pisco is a South American themed restaurant and bar offering a unique fusion of Peruvian and Spanish inspiration.
10. The Whiskey Bar Bukit Bintang: Offering an intimate atmosphere, classy decor, a huge selection of bottles displayed on the walls and over 650 labels of whisky, the Whiskey Bar is the perfect place to indulge in the finest things in life.
11. Junglebird KL: This tropical-themed rum bar offers an extensive drinks and cocktail menu with over 100 rums from around the world.
12. WET® Deck at W Kuala Lumpur: Located at the trendy W hotel in downtown Kuala Lumpur with amazing views overlooking the Petronas Twin Towers, WET® Deck is a stylish bar lounge at the heart of the Golden Triangle.
No matter what kind of experience you’re looking for, there’s something for everyone in Kuala Lumpur. From cosy and intimate bars to vibrant and lively clubs, Kuala Lumpur has it all. So, grab your friends and explore the amazing nightlife in Kuala Lumpur for some delicious craft cocktails and great food!