In life you can’t win if you don’t show up and if you’re late to the party, you’re starting with a deficit. So there’s no doubting the importance of just showing up and of course the importance of being on time. This is doubly true for the world of travel.
According to the OAG Punctuality League 2019, which is the most comprehensive annual ranking of on-time performance (OTP) for the world’s airlines and airports, Hong Kong Airlines is once again the most punctual airline in Asia Pacific, and the third most punctual in the world.
Key results include:
- Hong Kong Airlines (3rd), Bangkok Airways (5th), Qantas Airways (6h) are in the global top 10
- Japan Airlines and ANA are ranked 2nd and 3rd in the global mega airlines’ category.
- Tokyo Haneda claims top rank globally for mega airports. Osaka topped the large airports list, with Sapporo and Fukuoka placing in the top 10
- China’s largest three airlines, China Southern (15th) China Eastern (17th) and Air China (19th) delivered significant OTP improvements in 2018.
- Three new entrants, Bangkok Airways, Air Astana and Solaseed, make this year’s Asia Pacific Top 10 list for OTP.
- India’s IndiGo placed 7th globally for LCCs, which is an impressive result given that it operated 28% more flights in 2018 compared to 2017.
Mayur Patel, Regional Sales Director JAPAC for OAG, said, “Some 2.1 billion seats were available across the year, representing an even larger increase of 7.3% in capacity. Given the continuing pressure that this level of growth places on infrastructure and service, the region’s leading airlines and airports have once again delivered on a key aspect of their business performance.”
View the full results and download a copy of the full report HERE and learn all about the importance of being on time.