Asia is a vast continent with a diverse range of cultures, landscapes, and experiences. From the bustling cities of Tokyo and Seoul to the ancient temples of Angkor Wat and the Great Wall of China, and onto the great beaches of Vietnam or the natural splendour of Borneo, Asia has something to offer everyone. And while we concede getting there can be expensive if you’re coming from Canada or the United States, and it is a long haul for European or even Australian families, once you’re there, the cities, beaches and natural wonders have a lot to offer both young and older families.
Here are some of our favourite travel destinations in Asia that are perfect for parents with kids from toddlers through the tweens and into their teenage years and even adulthood.
Tokyo is a vibrant and exciting city with something to offer everyone. Families can enjoy the city’s many family-friendly attractions, such as the Tokyo Disney Resort, the Ghibli Museum, and the National Museum of Nature and Science. They can also explore the city’s many temples and shrines, such as the Sensoji Temple and the Meiji Jingu Shrine.
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul is another vibrant and exciting city with a lot to offer families. Families can enjoy the city’s many family-friendly attractions, such as the Lotte World amusement park, the National Folk Museum of Korea, and the War Memorial of Korea. They can also explore the city’s many palaces and temples, such as the Gyeongbokgung Palace and the Changdeokgung Palace.
Bangkok is a bustling city with a rich history and culture. Families can enjoy the city’s many family-friendly attractions, such as the Grand Palace, the Wat Pho Temple, and the Chatuchak Weekend Market. They can also explore the city’s many canals and floating markets.
Phuket is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Thailand. It is a beautiful island with stunning beaches, lush jungles, and ancient temples. Families can enjoy the island’s many family-friendly activities, such as swimming, sunbathing, and surfing at the beach, hiking in the jungle, visiting ancient temples, learning about Thai culture, and enjoying the local food.
Phuket is also a great place to learn how to scuba dive or snorkel. There are many dive schools and operators on the island, and the waters around Phuket are home to a variety of marine life, including colorful fish, coral reefs, and sea turtles.
Bali is a beautiful island with stunning beaches, lush rice terraces, and ancient temples. Families can enjoy the island’s many family-friendly activities, such as swimming, sunbathing, surfing, and hiking. They can also explore the island’s many temples, such as the Tanah Lot Temple and the Uluwatu Temple.
Singapore is a modern city-state with a mix of cultures and influences. Families can enjoy the city’s many family-friendly attractions, such as the Singapore Zoo, the Night Safari, and the Universal Studios Singapore theme park. They can also explore the city’s many museums and art galleries.
Kuala Lumpur is a modern city with a rich history and culture. Families can enjoy the city’s many family-friendly attractions, such as the Petronas Twin Towers, the Aquaria KLCC, the KL Bird Park, the Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia, and the National Museum of Malaysia. They can also explore the city’s many markets and shopping malls, and enjoy the city’s diverse culinary scene.
Now that you’re inspired it’s time to offer a few well practiced, tips, tactics and techniques for getting the most out of your family vacation to the world’s largest and most populous continent..
Tips for families in Asia:
- Do your research. Before you go, take some time to research the different destinations you’re interested in visiting. This will help you make the most of your time and avoid any surprises.
- Plan ahead. Asia is a big continent, so it’s important to plan your trip ahead of time. This will help you make the most of your time and avoid any unexpected costs.
- Be flexible. Things don’t always go according to plan, so it’s important to be flexible when traveling with kids. This will help you avoid any stress and make your trip more enjoyable for everyone.
- Take advantage of family-friendly amenities. Many hotels, restaurants, and attractions in Asia offer special discounts or amenities for families. Be sure to ask about these when you’re planning your trip.
- Pack light. When you’re traveling with kids, it’s important to pack light. This will make it easier to get around and will help you avoid any unnecessary stress.
- Be patient. Traveling with kids can be challenging, but it’s also a lot of fun. Be patient with your kids and with yourself, and you’ll have a great time.
We hope this article has given you some ideas for family-friendly travel destinations in Asia. With a little planning, you can have a truly unforgettable trip.